Thursday 27 August 2015

My new job at Time To Log Off!

Ladies and gents, girls and boys, I’d like to introduce you to a very exciting new company called Time To Log Off who run digital detox retreats and resources.

As of a couple of months ago, I’m their new Online Marketing and Social Media Manager which is super exciting. The job is only part-time but that's ideal for me right now and I'm absolutely LOVING everything I'm doing, learning lots about launching a business (our founder has so much experience!), digital detoxes and social media strategy as I go.

Time To Log Off’s mission is to teach people the huge benefits of being 'unplugged' from their tech - there is so much research coming out about the importance of time away from screens (especially for children) and we want to introduce people to that via workshops, talks, resources and retreats.

Our founder, Tanya Goodin, was one of the first women working in digital in the UK and is now one of the first leading the 'unplugging' movement, which I think is pretty damn cool.
Now I know what keen followers and friends amongst you may be thinking: “Um, seriously Rachel? YOU?! The most technologically-addicted person I know? Working for a company that advocates stepping away from your gadgets?” And I can see the irony.

However, through my work I’m also learning just how important it is to take time off from your gadgets and, well, to log off! It’s definitely something I’m working on, and I think it’s really important that we all do.

It is not rare for me to be simultaneously on my iPhone, iPad and laptop, thus not really focussing on anything properly. Did you know we now have attention spans worse than those of goldfish? True story.

Here is a picture of a goldfish who is clearly pretty shocked by that fact:
If you need some more convincing may I direct you to the Resources section of the website, where you’ll find a whole bunch of articles I’ve written about why a digital detox is such a great thing to do (amongst other fun stuff like food).

Oh, and we’re not just about digital detoxes though! Time To Log Off is also really big on yoga, healthy eating, connecting with nature and doing flow activities (like colouring, surfing and knitting.)

And what I’m most excited about is how all these aspects are going to come together on our retreats!

The first one is taking place in Puglia, Italy, in October and I think it’s going to be literally amazing!
Retreat-Room
I don’t want to reveal tooooo much, but you can have a lookie at the itinerary here if ya like. I think it’s going to be so much fun, albeit a challenge for moi.

So if you, like me, are somewhat concerned that your smartphone addiction is getting out of hand, have a peruse of the website, maybe try the 5:2 digital diet or perhaps even come on one of our retreats.

I’d love to hear what you think of the unplugging movement – do you, like me, think you have an unhealthy digital addiction?

(Oh, and if you wouldn’t mind awfully giving us a lil like over on Facey B and perhaps even a follow on Insta or Twitter that would make me a very happy Social Media Manager.)
SHARE:

4 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig