Friday 21 August 2015

A mother-daughter day in Southwold {in pictures}


A few weeks ago, Mama decided she wanted to go to Suffolk. We've been going to Norfolk as a family ever since I was really little, yet somehow we'd never made it to the lower half of the sticky-out bit on the side of England. (No, not Wales. The other side.)

So Mama Hosie booked herself a room, I invited myself along, and before we knew it we were in Suffolk.

Oh, you're invited too! Come along and explore one of Suffolk's best-known and cutest seaside towns, Southwold.
We couldn't resist buying a punnet of these gorgeous British strawberries!

Southwold was full of interesting independent shops and the Madre and I particularly liked Collen & Clare

Pink sparkly belts? Mulberry bags? I was obviously sold.

It may have been August, but unfortunately the sun did not have his hat on.
We found the most wonderful bakery café in which to seek refuge for lunch though: Two Magpies Bakery.
 
The sourdough was just perf.
I couldn't resist a peruse of a vintage shop...
And the sun even kinda came out! For a bit.
Southwold is great as it is literally right on the coast.
We walked along the beach-huts, choosing our favourites, being blasted by the wind and marveling at the nutters who were in the sea.
We made our way to the pier, which is home to lots of cafés and gift shops.


And a spot of tea and carrot cake with a view of the sea (but sheltered from the wind) was a perfect way to end the day.
Have you ever been to Suffolk? Or maybe you're a Norfolk regular like the Hosies? Let me know!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Oh that's such a lovely day to spend with your ma :) and it makes me super excited to go to Southwold, I had no idea it was so pretty! One of my closest friends has family there so we're going to go for a weekend soon and those shops and bakeries are calling my name! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live just outside Southwold for a couple of years. It's my all time favourite place and I miss it dearly. I really enjoyed seeing your photos, it looks like you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear it. Thanks so much Assia :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig