Wednesday 6 May 2015

Two nights and one day in Würzburg {in photos}


I’d been to Würzburg before. But with not one but two lovely German friends, Dani and Hedi, currently living there, and having loved the Franconian city when I visited during my year abroad, I was super keen to go back.

So after a whirlwind visit to Bayreuth, I shimmied over to wine-growing land for two nights and one unseasonably hot spring day.

On the recommendation of my Würzburger pals, I frequented some fab food and drink spots, photo evidence of which you’ll find below, mes amis. So if you ever find yourself in Würzburg I heartily recommend you swing by Veggie Bros for some sensational falafel, Yummy’s for a dreamy smoothie or juice, and if it’s a warm enough evening, enjoy a glass of wine from the Alte Mainmühle on the historic Alte Mainbrücke (bridge) with the most sensational views.

I could’ve spent ages in Würzburg, and think it’s definitely worth a visit.


Have any Würzburg recommendations? I'd love to hear them!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Sensational nails-smoothie coordinating!!

    I think its great how many fantastic places you have visited that are slightly off the beaten track...when I think of travelling it tends to be just the capitals and the big cities that I would consider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Emily. I'm glad you appreciate it :)

      And thanks so much. I love me some big cities but it's definitely worth visiting some lesser-known places too. X

      Delete
  2. That falafel looks sensational.
    You get to travel to so many great places which I have never heard of before, which is always exciting to read about :)
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was, Rosie!
      I'm so glad you enjoy my travel posts :) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig