Wednesday 27 May 2015

31 things I’m looking forward to doing once exams are over.


I’ll be honest with you, life is not at its most fun ever right now. I don’t like to complain as in the scheme of things, life could be a hell of a lot worse, but my existence is currently highly boring.

Life = revision.

Revision = boring.

Sometimes I take a break from boring revision with a boring gym sesh. Woo.

When you first start revising it’s not too bad. It’s an excuse to treat yourself to new coloured biros and sparkly gel pens, maybe even a selection of highlighters if you’re feeling fancy.

But that novelty wears off. And it wears off fast.


For some reason unbeknown to me, Bristol Uni finishes way later than everyone else. So my facebook newsfeed and snapchat has been full of happy friends celebrating finishing their degrees for a couple of weeks now.

I can’t wait to be them.

Eight days to go. Just eight days to go.

I keep trying to tell myself that the harder I work now the sweeter the post-exams freedom will taste.

It’s the very prospect of ALL the fun that’s going to occur once I’m finished that is seeing me through the final push.

"It's high time to drink Prosecco and dance on the tables"
And boy oh boy, is fun going to occur. In a big way. Said fun will almost definitely commence with a pop, fizz and a clink, because you only finish four years of undergraduate study once, am I right?

The week after finishing finals is essentially going to be like Freshers’ Week all over again. Except this time I’ll be with my best friends, in a city I know (and love) and with a real reason to celebrate.



Here are 31 things I’m super looking forward to doing when I’m finally free:

1. Reading books that aren’t for essays. Books I actually want to read. Books that may just entertain as well as interest me. Books that I won’t have to analyse. (I’ve just purchased Polly Vernon’s ‘Hot Feminist’ which I can’t wait to start!)

2. Listening to British radio. As opposed to the French and German news radio which is all I’ve listened to for the past four years. Is it any wonder I never know any current music? (1D aside, natch.)

3. Going to the cinema. WHY HAVE SO MANY GREAT FILMS COME OUT DURING EXAM TIME!?

4. Shopping. Oh my days, I am so desperate to shop. It’s been too long. And I want new stuff.

5. Going out for lunch and not feeling like I need to rush back to work. Because there will be no work, HUZZAH!

6. Being able to enjoy doing things other than work because there’s no guilt. The guilt I feel as I write this blog is horrendous.

7. Baking. I’ll let you know if I make anything awesome. Get excited.

8. Blogging. Hopefully you might get marginally excited about this too.

9. Doing a million and one blog improvements I’ve been wanting to do for months. Ohhh yes, keep your eyes peeled, friends.

10. Improving my coding skills. So keen for this.

11. Ticking off all the restaurants and cafés on my Bristol bucket list. I’ve got to make the most of this fabulous city before I leave, right?

12. Binge-watching all the addictive box-sets I’ve been recommended so many times but have avoided starting for fear of not being able to stopGame of Thrones, anyone?

13. Going to ALLLL the exercise/dance classes. I usually never go to things like yoga ‘cause ain’t nobody got time for that – I need to work up a sweat and get my heart pumping in my limited exercise time. But after exams I'll have time to do that AND find my inner yogi.

14. Going out out, having a bloody good night and not caring about it getting late because you can sleep all morning if you so desire.

15. Lying in the sun, watching the clouds and making daisy chains. I'm such a cliché.

16. Pampering myself.

17. Reading magazines.

18. Reading the paper. And I mean properly reading it, not just flicking through over breakfast.

19. Cooking elaborate dishes.

20. Making a scrapbook of the year. It's gonna get emosh.

21. Cleaning my room. Srsly. Cannot wait to do this.

22. Spending far too long taking pictures of my breakfast to be instagrammed.

23. Reading blogs. And catching up on weeks’ worth of posts.

24. Curling my hair. Because it’s not like I’ll have anything better to do, am I right?

25. Lying in.

26. Walking anywhere slowly. (I say this, but even post-exams I’m not going to want to waste time walking slowly.)

27. Planning my travels! Yeah, I still need to work out if my dream travel itinerary is actually feasible. And by feasible I mean within the constraints of my savings.

28. Having long phone calls with my faraway friends.

29. Visiting some of them too.

30. Being able to go to some of the cool blog events I’m invited to (funds permitting). Having to decline a press trip to Germany because you’ll be doing German exams at the time is a bit of a bummer.

31. HAVING NOTHING TO DO!


The excitement is real. Any other students out there share any of these? Or perhaps you have something else to add to the list? Let me know!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Keep on going Rachel! It's the scariest thing in the world once you're done and you realise university of over. *eek*.
    I'm now in the process of sorting my life out that I seriously let drop for exams, it's bliss!
    Especially the blogging side. Oh how I missed proper blogging!
    Keep at it, the end is night!
    Emily xx
    Auburn Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I can't wait for life-sorting ha ha. Enjoy! X

      Delete
  2. I too don't finish for another 9 days and I cannot wait for freedom!
    I am going to write a list of things I want to do/places I want to visit this summer of FREEEDOM!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh keep going, Rosie! Deffos write the list. It's going to be so great! X

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean! I don't finish until the 11th June (German language exam) and most of the people on my floor in my hall will have already finished.
    Good luck with getting everything done! And I will definitely be partaking in lots of these activities also over the summer. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is late, poor you. Thank you, and yay for summer fun. Good luck, Lauren! x

      Delete
  4. Yes yes yes and yes. I know these feelings too well! Keep going!!! I'm afraid I am one of those who has already finished but if it helps, the manic rush to get everything done in time was immense (I started revising for one of my exams THE DAY BEFORE because they were all so crammed together! I NEVER do that!) It's going to be sooo good when you finish, keep going and hold your head up high because freedom is coming! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua; Food, Sunshine, Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you relate, Lucy. Thank you! Hope you're enjoying freedom :) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig