Saturday 28 March 2015

The top 10 places on my travel wishlist.



Guys, my life plan for post-graduation is coming together. Kinda. I'M A GO TRAVEL THE WORLD!

Between you and me, I'm still very much in the "looking at pictures of exotic places and getting excited" phase of planning, but that's the most fun part, right?

It's no secret that I pretty much fell in love with travelling whilst on my year abroad, and having not done a gap year before starting uni, I feel this is the time.

After finishing my internship in Brussels and coming back to uni, I was mad keen to get on the career ladder and start climbing as fast as I could. Get me in a pencil skirt doing something exciting, thought I.

Over the past few months though, my priorities have shifted. I've decided a career can wait just a liiiiittle longer, despite my ambitions. And encouragingly enough, literally every single person I've ever spoken to whilst interning has encouraged me to go off and see the world before starting a job.

So people, it's going to happen!

Conveniently, I've been saving for a rainy day for years. I think that rainy day is about to arrive. And when it does, I'll be jumping on a plane and heading off to the sunshine.

I truly believe travel is one of the best things in the world to spend your money on - it's always an enriching experience.

Sure, there are about a million places in the world I want to visit, but I think these are at the top of my list, and having had a little lookie at a world map, it would appear there could be a viable route in there somewhere too.

I'm lucky enough to have seen a lot of Western Europe, so it's time to go further afield. Daydream along with me - let's start with...


1. The Maldives



I mean SERIOUSLY!? This place exists!?


2. India



Hellooooo camels!


3. Myanmar (Burma)



A far cry from the rolling hills and patchwork fields of England, eh?


4. Thailand



Brb, just off to be a mermaid in these apparently crystal clear waters.


5. Malaysia



But but, the VIEW! And the COLOURS!


6. Singapore



Granted, it's unlikely I'll be able to afford to stay in a place like this but a girl can dream, right?


7. Indonesia



I'd originally had Bali at the top of my Indonesia list, but I've recently been told about the Gili Islands (above pic) which are apparently even BETTER!


8. Australia



Well, I mean, if I'm going to be in South-East Asia I might as well just shimmy on down under, right? It's not that far... Ahem. And those accents!


9. Fiji



Another place that looks simply too perfect to be real. Is this paradise? I need to see it with my own eyes ASAP!


10. New Zealand



What can I say? I'm a sucker for breathtaking scenery and charming accents.


So there you have it!

Okay, okay, I accept that this list is a little vague and I have listed whole massive countries as individual places. But like I said, I haven't got too far in my planning. BUT I'M SO EXCITED ALREADY!

And this is where you guys come in! I am desperate to hear advice, tips and thoughts of where to go, what to do, how to go about it all, so please please please hit me up.

Not only am I massively excited about travelling to far-off places but I'm über looking forward to blogging about my adventures and sharing it with you all.

Speaking of, I'm off skiing for a week tomorrow WAHOOOOO! (Lucky girl, I know.) So do keep your eyes peeled for snowy updates.

Where should I goooooo?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I think your decision to travel is an amazing one! There aren't so many opportunities once you get started properly on your career, and its so, so worthwhile! Love your list too. Myanmar is one of my favourite ever places. Its just so different to everywhere else. Its expensive, and not easy on a student travel budget, but if you can wing it in anyway taking a sunrise hot air balloon flight over the temples of Bagan is one of the most breathtakingly incredible things.

    If you're planning on doing a few countries in South East Asia, Thailand is a great place to start. Its sooo set up for backpackers and really gets you into the swing of things before you get to more challenging countries. There are so many backpackers too you'll meet loads of people. Squeeze Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam onto your list too if you possibly can! Especially Luang Prabang in Laos :)

    Looking forward to reading about your adventures - Happy Travels!

    Jennie // Scarletscorchdroppers

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! I'm glad you agree with me and really appreciate your tips. X

      Delete
  2. I so wish I'll have the money to go travelling after univeristy, but I doubt that's going to happen. I worked through sixth form to fund university, and now I've managed to replenish my savings through working this year...but I've already seen how expensive living in London will be and just can't justify proper travelling. I'll try and do a bit of Europe though! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can save up if you set your mind to it, Chloe! Good for you for working so hard already though. And Europe is FAB too :) x

      Delete
  3. Ooh I wish I could give you tips but you have definitely seen more of the world than I have as it is! I'd love to do an Eat Pray Love style tour (lasting a whole year of course) although I think I'd have to put Rome at the end of it because I would probably just stay there forever and ever afterwards! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks Lucy. But I've never been to Rome! It's definitely on my list too. X

      Delete
  4. My trip around Australia was the most exciting adventure I ever went on! Definitely do that :) I love Thailand too.
    Lots of love,
    Angie

    SilverSpoon London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's so exciting Angie! Thank you :) X

      Delete
  5. I have visited India before and it was incredible. I went to Southern India, a place called Kerala.
    All of the places you listed are high up on my travel lust list too!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh awesome, thanks Rosie. Hope you get to some of them soon! X

      Delete
  6. We moved to Melbourne after doing pretty much this exact route. Best decision we ever made.
    So much to do and see in Australia. You'll love it.

    https://theeighthours.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/gin-pop-up-bar-in-prison/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my days, that's so exciting. Maybe I'll do the same! Thank you :) X

      Delete
  7. I did a ski season on my gap year. It was really awesome and I couldn't recommend it more. Little different to your hot sunny pictures though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yes, a ski season is undoubtedly another fabulous option. Thanks Becca :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig