Monday 22 May 2017

The bluest of seas in Porto Cervo, Costa Smeralda, Sardinia

A couple of weeks ago, I didn't know much about Sardinia at all. I knew it was an Italian island but that was about it.

If you find yourself in a similar situation then I am here to tell you that YOU MUST GO THERE! GO THERE NOW! OR AT LEAST BOOK FLIGHTS NOW! Well, after you finish this post, preferably.

I recently had the pleasure of spending a few days on the Costa Smeralda, which - my Italian friend informs me - is basically the fanciest part of the island.

So yes, my opinion of Sardinia may be slightly skewed, but I want to show you how pretty it was anyway.

Guys, Olbia airport is literally a two hour flight from London and then Porto Cervo - the first of two destinations on my trip - is just a half hour's drive. Pretty dreamy.

I want to mainly let the photos do the talking because a) it was all so beautiful that words do not do justice, and b) I'm hungry and want to go eat curry.  I know you understand.

Chums, I'm going to start by just showing you how mind-blowingly beautiful the sea is. 
 I mean.
 I just can't even.
 It's so incredibly bright but also super clear.

'Twas a wee bit windy though.
We were staying at Hotel Cervo, which is without a doubt in the best location: it's simultaneously the heart of the town and on the coast.

This was the huge bed in my room.
 Here you have the ginormous pool (not heated but I obvs went for it anyway).
 This was the incredible sunset we watched whilst sipping bellinis and spritzes at the terrace bar.
 And this is the view from breakfast.
Yup, really.

The town itself isn't huge but is absolutely beautiful - it looks really old, even though it isn't. Some sneaky design work, here in Porto Cervo.
Pretty much all the shops are designer, from which you can probably guess what Porto Cervo's regular visitors are like.
The main reason I was actually there was for the annual Food and Wine Festival, which brought together producers, industry experts and foodies from across Italy and the world.
It was fab! I ate some of the best burrata I have literally ever had in my life and we just walked round trying different wines - I kid you not, were this in the UK, it would without a doubt have turned into a rowdy piss-up. Bit classier than we Brits, are the Italians.

And we sure ate and drank plenty of other delicious things in Porto Cervo.
Whilst the above may not look super appetising, it was probably the tastiest thing I ate on the whole trip: chjusoni. It's a local speciality, is sort of like gnocchi, and was insanely delicious. 10/10 would eat again.
And this is another local delicacy: seada al miele. It was like a melty cheese encased in pastry and doused in honey. Sounds weird, was good.

After my stay in Porto Cervo, I didn't think the trip could get any better. But guys, it did. CLIFFHANGER: all will be revealed in the next post.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig