Wednesday 10 May 2017

A day of makeup, food and theatre with Disney and Mac

Copyright Disney
Things I love: food, makeup, musicals.

That is not an exhaustive list, but those three are definitely up there, which is why I was absolutely buzzing when I was invited to spend a day with a group of lovely fellow bloggers enjoying all three.

The day kicked off on stage at the Prince Edward Theatre in central London. Many of the bloggers had travelled from other ends of the UK and set off at the crack of dawn to make it on time. I live six stops down the Victoria line and was still late (long story).

Anyway I was gutted to have missed the start of the day which saw all the bloggers attend a makeup masterclass on stage.
Disney
Using lots of lovely Mac products, we were shown both how to create the stage makeup for the stars of The Lion King and Aladdin, and also how to create wearable looks inspired by the shows.
Disney
After a spot of mingling over refreshments, we headed over to Polpo for a brunch of about a million courses. Not even exaggerating.

(OK, maybe slight exaggeration.)
The prosecco and bucks fizz was flowing and we got well and truly stuck in.
So much delicious Italian food! We were well and truly satisfied.

Next up, we shimmied on to the theatre - it was time for The Lion King
This was actually my third time seeing the show but as you may be able to tell from the photo above, I was no less excited.
Guys, believe the hype. It is literally incredible. The show is so cleverly done, the costumes and makeup are fantastic and the music - well, you all know the music.

I laughed, I cried, I sang along under my breath. And I felt very privileged to be there. 
We were sent home with a very very lovely goodie bag full of Mac products and what is now my new favourite mug. 

What a day of fun it had been! Thanks so much to Mac and Disney for inviting me along.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I am very very jealous you have seen the Lion King three times, it's one of the top ones on my musicals to see list! xo
    www.misszarabelle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig