Monday 16 May 2016

Dinner with a view at Boundary Rooftop, Shoreditch

As the evenings get longer and warmer, the workers of London spill out of their offices and into beer gardens, pub pavements and rooftop bars. All undoubtedly pleasant options, but I do love a good rooftop.

I haven't been to too many, but one spot I have frequented on a couple of occasions is Boundary Rooftop in Shoreditch, once just for drinks and, more recently, for dinner. It was so spectacular that I thought I just had to tell you all about it.

I met my friend Jenny on a gloriously sunny evening and breezed past the queue to get in, feeling super smug - top tip: book ahead.

Whilst the rooftop isn't actually super high up, it does have a great clear view.
I really like Boundary for many reasons, but one of which is that they have both a covered area with floor-to-ceiling windows - ideal for when the weather isn't playing ball - and an open, outdoor section with comfy chairs, blankets and heaters. This is the UK after all, let's not get too carried away.

However, you can almost feel like you've escaped to more exotic climes as Boundary have just launched a new Provençal-style summer menu. OK, I didn't 100% feel like I was back in the South of France, but I did feel pretty summery! Until it got late and cold and I realised I definitely wasn't wearing enough clothes. But anyway.

As the sun started to set, Jen and I kicked things off with cocktails, naturally.
I believe this was the Rooftop Spring Punch, although to be perfectly honest I can't hundy P remember. But I remember it was delicious and that's all that matters. They were both fruity, tasty and prettily presented.

We nibbled at Petit Lucques olives and savoury-roasted almonds as we sipped. I don't usually go wild for olives, but these were very tasty - they were less round than your bog standard ones - and the salty, smokey almonds were deliciously addictive.

On to the starters! Jenny had asparagus with hollandaise sauce whereas I chose the tricolore quinoa, citrus, pomegranate and green vegetable salad.
That's a starter. I know! The portions were very big, and whilst I'd never complain about that, I didn't quite finish mine purely because I knew we had a lot of food still to come. The salad was light and zingy which was exactly what I wanted. It wasn't the most exciting thing I've ever eaten, but I liked that there was a nice healthy option.

When it came to mains, we went to town.
Jenny had the lamb cutlets and I went for the chicken skewers with tzatziki and spring onions. The chicken had been beautifully marinaded and was so flavoursome. It was also perfectly juicy.

Jen informs me her lamb was also pretty dreamy.
Alongside our mains, we shared fries with aïoli (can't go wrong), ratatouille (loved it) and burrata with vine tomatoes, which was absolutely scrumptious. I do love burrata. Everything felt deliciously French-meets-Italian and I was loving the vibe of the menu.

The sun was going down and our tummies were filling up with deliciousness.
We actually totally failed though as we ate so much we simply couldn't manage puddings. I KNOW! Rookie error. I'll just have to go back. We somehow did have room for another cocktail whilst admiring the twinkling lights of London though.

The service was fantastic, the staff delightfully friendly and the food and drinks were top-quality and extremely delicious. It had been a special and splendid evening. You simply must go.

I was a guest at Boundary Rooftop but I wouldn't have written about it if I didn't truly love it. I wasn't even planning on writing about it but I loved it so much I decided I couldn't not. So there you go. Let me know any other rooftops I should visit!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig