Tuesday 21 April 2015

A 90th birthday in Frankfurt {in photos}



It's not every day you turn 90, is it? 

Last weekend, my German great aunt, Ursula, entered her 10th decade and I was thrilled to be in Frankfurt with family to celebrate the occasion. 

We had a big, delicious and delightful lunch, walked along the River Main and toasted to family.

 

I think Frankfurt's great because it combines both the historic, old-fashioned and quaint with the shiny, sleek and new. Hopefully when I'm 90 I'll be living in an equally vibrant place and be as fabulous as Tante Ursula. Family times are just the best. Happy 90th birthday, Ursula!

Have you been to Frankfurt? What are your thoughts on the city?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Happy birthday and congratulations to her! I hope I live to be 90 and healthy and happy! What lovely pictures of you all together, you can definitely see the family resemblance :) I've never been to Frankfurt, or Germany at all for that matter! I've driven through it but it's just not the same ha! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lucy! Appreciate the lovely comment. And definitely go and spend some time in Germany! X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig