Saturday 25 April 2015

Back to Bayreuth {in photos}


Hey you guys, remember that one time I lived in Bayreuth for six months and it was totally awesome?

Yeah, those were the days.

So after a delightful family weekend in Frankfurt, I couldn't just fly back to the UK without taking advantage of being in Germany now, could I?

Nope, I hopped on a train and whizzed across the country back to my beloved Bavaria. Or, to be more specific, Upper Franconia. And oh, the excitement I felt as the train nipped through the fir-lined hills, past trickling streams and villages full of cobbled streets, quaint churches and pointy-roofed houses with exposed beams.

I had just 25 hours back in my old home-town to see as many old friends, colleagues and former pupils as I could so basically went from café to café catching up with different people. (Hard life, I know. Snapchats from uni friends in the library were only slightly guilt-inducing.) 

The sun was shining and Bayreuth was looking beautifully spring-like. It was so delightful to be back, especially to stay with my lovely old flatmates. And of course, I made sure to pay my fave restaurants a visit too. #priorities. (Kraftraum for shamazing healthy lunches and Oskar for hearty traditional fare, should you ever find yourself in Bayreuth with a rumbly tummy.)

So, enjoy a little taste of my whirlwind trip back to Bayreuth!


I believe that you leave a little piece of your heart everywhere you live, and there's really nothing like going back, don't you think?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love catching up with friends from my year abroad :) we've had a couple of mini reunions already although it's pretty hard to get everyone together all at once. Such a pretty place, glad you had good weather for it! xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. You're right it's so hard! Glad you've managed mini-reunions though :) X

      Delete
  2. I really want to explore a bit more of Germany as so far I have only been to Berlin. Bavaria is definitely on my list!
    Rosie
    x
    www.anenglishrosie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! Thanks Rosie :) X

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig