Sunday 13 July 2014

Humans of Paris


As I sat on a bench in a quiet area of Paris, enjoying the sunshine until I had to catch my train, a little old lady walked past. 

It was a warm day but she was layered up in a long overcoat and hat, completely covered (in stark contrast to me in my strappy vest top). She was carrying a big wooden crate - it looked almost too big for her and I imagine it was full of produce from the market down the road. She struck me as an interesting character. 

The lady stopped in front of me and said (in French): "C'est important, le vitamine D."

I smiled and replied: "Oui."

We carried on in French. 

Her: "Me, I had a test and apparently I lack vitamin D. The sun is better in the morning though."

Me: "Ah so I'm too late really."

Her: "And don't forget to turn round and do your back too."

Me: "I won't!"

Her: "Have a nice afternoon!"

Me: "Thanks, you too."

And off she went. 

But I never did turn round and tan my back because I had to get to the train station. 

Maybe no-one has time to do anything properly these days as we're always rushing off to the next engagement.

Click here to vote Handbags and Cupcakes for "Best Lifestyle Blog" in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2014!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lovely post!


    www.lauraevelynbee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so lovely that your French is being tested in actual, everyday conversations! I hope that that lady returned home and enjoyed a gorgeous lunch (and maybe some Vitamin D supplements!)

    I'd love to see more posts like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig