Sunday 23 October 2016

Bottomless bellini brunch at Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings, Clerkenwell, London

My basic love for Prosecco is no secret. But d'you know what I love even more? Bellinis. They're just so damn tasty and dangerously quaffable.

I'd known about the bottomless bellini brunch at Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings for aaaaages and had been desperate to go since I first heard about it. So when my colleague and friend Rachel (yes, another one), told me she'd been, I made her tell me all about it over lunch one day. She'd loved it, so we decided we simply must get the gang together and go.

And by the end of our lunch break, the booking was made, huzzah! I do love an impulse decision. Granted, our reservation was for about two months' time, but hey, we're busy people and B&H Buildings is so popular you really do have to book far in advance.

So it was with great excitement that I made my way up to North London for a long-awaited bellini-fuelled brunch.
B&H Buildings is a beautifully bright and airy space and the weekend vibe was wonderfully relaxed yet stylish.

We took our seats and got to perusing the rather extensive menu - there's definitely something for everyone.
Interestingly, it turns out if you want bottomless bellinis, you have to order something more substantial than granola and fruit, porridge or crumpets. Probably wise, really...

Order placed, bellinis ahoy!
For £18, you get as many bellinis as you can drink in 90 minutes. And considering one bellini is £9, have more than a couple and you're basically making money. That's how these things work, right? (Oh but please do drink responsibly, yeah? #stayclassy)
The staff are pretty good at replacing empty flutes with fresh bellinis, and we never had to wait long for a new one, despite how busy the restaurant was.

Probably in an attempt to make sure no one had drunk too much on an empty stomach, our food arrived incredibly quickly. For me, drop scones (aka pancakes) with caramelised banana and mixed nuts.
It was perfection. Literally faultless.
The pancakes were fluffy, there was ample banana and nuts, syrup was not lacking and the portion size was just right. Scrumptious. Plus, just £7. SEVEN POUNDS! Barg.

The other gals went to town too...
Absolute brunch goals.

Brunches, brownies and a few ridiculous amount of bellinis down the line, we were served our final drinks (and informed thus, which was good), and asked to move over to the sofas to enjoy them so that our table could be cleared for the next group of hungry brunchers.
It was so lovely that we weren't rushed and could sit there chatting long after our flutes were dry and we'd moved on to the tap water.

I loved Bourne & Hollingsworth Buildings and can't recommend it more. Would return.

Also, anyone else really want a bellini now?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The brunch looks amazing, even if you overlook the bellinis! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious - those pancakes look scrumptious indeed! And the bellinis are a fabulous addition. Good choice!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, Jenny. Hope you get to enjoy it all yourself soon x

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I want those pancakes now!! So much hunger. How many bellinis do you reckon you had? :p xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua | Life, Travel, Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm... I lost count? I definitely got my money's worth though, let's leave it at that ;) x

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to go for brunch here for ages, your lovely photos have made me super hungry, I need to go here asap!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig