Friday 2 May 2014

Cosmo Blog Awards 2014!


Well bless my soul. Nominations for this years's Cosmo Blog Awards have come around already.

It seems like just yesterday I was hiking through the Bavarian hills with a tummy full of Schnitzel (mmm) when my phone suddenly found signal, had a fit in my pocket and I found out I'd been Highly Commended at the Cosmo Blog Awards 2013. Good times.

I still can't quite believe that happened.

Being Highly Commended at such renowned and respected awards has been amazing - it was a massive personal boost and has opened so many doors for me, so I'm super grateful for all the support you gave me last year, every single nomination and vote, and to Cosmo for giving bloggers like me this platform.

When I entered last year I never ever imagined I'd make the shortlist let alone get Highly Commended! But even though I know I still don't have a chance of winning I'm going to put Handbags and Cupcakes forward again this year. Why not, eh? It was fun. I like fun.

I suffered massive fomo* at not being able to go to the swanky awards ceremony last year (silly year abroad), so I'd love love love to get the chance to go this year.

I love blogging, I love the blogosphere, I love reading blogs and I love the supportive blogging community - I've made so many virtual friends with other bloggers, many of whom went through the blog awards process with me last year.

There's Lottie from Lottie's Little Kitchen (food), Ambi from Bombay Rose (beauty), Lindsey from Ropes of Holland (fashion) and Nic from Nic's Nutrition (food.) they're all great bloggers. Go on and have a browse. If you like what you see, give them a vote/nomination. Share the blogging love.

I'm not sure whether anyone else will have noticed but I think my blog's really developed over the past year. For starters, I've gradually updated the design (for the better, I hope) and also got a much better camera and am trying to improve my photography. I've still got a long way to go but hopefully Handbags and Cupcakes looks a lot more professional than it did a year ago. And who knows what could happen over the next year! MUCHO EXCITEMENT!

So, I'm going to enter in the Best Lifestyle category again this year and sit with my fingers crossed for six months. If you like reading Handbags and Cupcakes or even just feel like doing a kind deed for a keen girl (moi), I would be truly super grateful if you would take a few minutes out of your busy day to nominate me.

Apparently there were over 46,000 entries last year which is rather astounding, and I imagine there are only going to be more this year. I know some people found the whole process a bit confusing last year so I'm going to try and make it as clear as I possibly can for you here (and I know it was kinda confusing!):


Here's how it works:

1. Blogs are nominated in one of 15 categories - they can be nominated by both the blogger and readers. Nominations must be submitted between 1st May and midnight on 2nd June 2014.

2. Cosmo produces a shortlist for each category from the nominees.

3. Voting re-opens from 7th July and the public are asked to vote for their favourite blogs from the shortlists. The panel of Cosmo judges then take the public vote into consideration and choose a winner and Highly Commended blog in each category.

4. The winners will be announced at a London awards ceremony (to which all shortlisted bloggers will be invited) in October!


Here's how you go about nominating:

1. Click here, scroll down to the bottom and click 'next page'.

2. Enter your email address, my blog address (the URL: http://handbagsandcupcakes.blogspot.com), select the category 'Best Lifestyle Blog.'

3. When you tick that Handbags and Cupcakes isn't your blog, you're then asked why you love it. (*blushes*) Just add a little something, I don't want to take up all your day. Thanks guys.

4. In response to the next question, Handbags and Cupcakes is not under a year old.

5. Tick a couple more boxes, click 'submit' and wham, bam, thank you ma'am, Bob's your uncle, hey presto, you're done! You've nominated me! Thanks so much! You're so great!


And then if ya fancy joining the convo on Twitter and letting me/your followers/the world know you've nominated that would be extra awesome: #cosmoblogawards, @cosmopolitanUK and @rachel_hosie could be of use to you. Just sayin'.

So, my dears, I've waffled on enough for one day. Thank you so much if you nominate me and do give me a shout if you have any questions. Oh, and have fun discovering new blogs! Exciting!

PS this is my 400th blog post! WOWZERS!

*Fear Of Missing Out, but you already knew that, right?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. What is your blog url? I don't know what that means haha, is it just handbagsandcupcakes.blogspot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry, it's "http://handbagsandcupcakes.blogspot.com".Thanks for pointing that out... I'll make is a bit clearer. X

      Delete
  2. DONE :) Good Luck, I adore reading you blog so I shall keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Caitlin. That's so kind of you :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig