Tuesday 1 January 2013

Here's to 2013 of Handbags and Cupcakes!

pic from style-laboratory.net
Hiiii everyone. Well that was weird. I don't usually start my blog posts with a salutation. Meh.

As I sit here on January 1st 2013, listening to One Direction and Justin Bieber - yes I am actually 12 years old - I would like to wish a very happy New Year to every single person who has read my blog over the past year. I can't even tell you how much it means to me.

Blogging can be quite a strange thing. Most of us don't experience the same meteoric rise as Amy Adams' character does with her blog in Julie and Julia (cracking film though, it was a key player in my New Year's Eve and I'm not even embarrassed.)

Very often I wonder if anyone's actually interested in what I have to say, and it's difficult to know how personal to go. When you do publish something slightly personal, that is bloody scary. But then it's amazing when people give you positive feedback about it.

I realise there isn't that much of a theme to what I write - when people ask me what my blog is about I find it jolly hard to answer. But I suppose that's the wonderful thing about blogging, isn't it? You can make your blog exactly what you want it to be. And that's why I write about whatever I like. Hopefully, some of you like it.

This past year, quite a few of my friends have actually started up blogs, which is utterly great if you ask me. I wonder how long it will be until there are more bloggers than, um, non-bloggers.

I'd really like to somehow grow or develop my blog over 2013, but I'm not entirely sure how. Balancing blogging with uni work, my jobs and attempting to find time for a social life is not always the easiest thing, but I absolutely love it. I am so proud of my teensy corner of the internet, and I am so grateful to each and every person who has ever read it. Seriously.

But what I'd reeeaaally like is any suggestions you may have for how I can improve Handbags and Cupcakes this year. Are there any particular posts or types of posts you've liked more than others? Honestly, any feedback is most appreciated, as then I can decide which of my random ramblings to publish to the universe. (I always have tons of ideas of things to blog about, but never enough time to write them all. Hashtag sad face.)

So, to sum up:

1. Happy New Year

2. Thanks SO much for reading

3. Any feedback?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig