Tuesday 25 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

This is actually from 2011, but it's basically the same as today. I'm just a bit chubbier now.
Right now I am sitting in the living room with my whole family, including the dogs. We have a gently roaring fire on the go, Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special on the TV, and newly unwrapped presents all around. We've changed out of our nice clothes into our slobby (expandable waist) gear, and are happily stuffed with mince pies, a full Christmas roast, trifle and chocolates. And I'm loving it.

I've been thoroughly spoilt today - not only by the presents I've received, but also just by having such lovely people around me on this special day. So on this December evening, I'd like to wish you all a very merry Christmas. I hope everyone has had a wonderful day surrounded by friends, family and loved one, full of lots of love, joy and peace (oh, all right, and presents and food too.)

It's so easy to take what you have for granted, but if there's one day on which to appreciate the lovely people in your life, it's today. So don't forget to do it. Seriously. Go on. Before you watch Downton, make a turkey sandwich or start shopping the sales online, take a moment and count your blessings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

PS. I'm totes sad about how long it is until next Christmas.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I am just getting ready for Downton Season 3 in the USA Cannot wait as it sounds so good from the folks who have been chatting about it. And don't worry, time goes by fast and Christmas 2013 will b here before u know it!!

    www.nycstylelittlecannoli.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary. Enjoy Season 3 (I hope the internet hasn't provided you with a spoiler of the dramatic end to the Christmas special we've just had!) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig