Saturday 26 May 2012

Diamond Jubilee Excitement!

Anyone who knows me will know that I love a good festivity and am also very patriotic, so as you can imagine, I am extremely hyped up for The Diamond Jubilee Weekend. I know the organisers of the Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace picked the ticket winners in a random ballot, but I think God must've intervened because he knew just how much it would mean to me to win. Thanks, God.

Sure, it may be exam season here at Uni, but that doesn't mean we're not getting into the Jubilee spirit! Well, I am anyway. Hopefully my final results won't suffer, but hey - there's only going to be one Diamond Jubilee in my lifetime!

One of the things I love most is how things like this really bring the whole country together. I'm pretty sure once the Jubilee bank holiday weekend is over everyone is going to get crazy Olympic fever. Again, I know I am. Having been home recently it made me so happy to see that even my little village is decked out in Union Jack flags and bunting galore (from pubs to individual houses), and every shop window is Jubilee themed. Loves it.


Another aspect of the Jubilee fever I adore is all the limited edition products hitting our shelves - from "Ma'amite" to special packs of M&Ms. being a squash addict most of the time (no, not the sport, the refreshing drink), I just had to try this:


I can tell you, it actually does taste like strawberries and cream. Well, more a strawberries and cream flavour sweetie. But I like it anyway.

Being a tea fanatic (simple breakfast tea all the way though, I can't be doing with fancy schmancy fruity/herbal nonsense), I knew I had to get a mug to commemorate the event. What's more British than a cup of tea, right? So yesterday I purchased this little beaut for myself:


Pretty huh? I mean, sure, I have about a kajillion mugs, but what I particularly love about this one is the colours - blue and pink are my faves, just thought I'd spell that out for you in case my blog design didn't make it obvious enough. It's fine bone china too, so totes fit for a Queen.

I'm all about funky nail designs, so when I saw Barry M's new magnetic nail paint in funky patterns I was very excited - especially so as there's a dark blue one which makes a somewhat Union Jacky pattern. Regard:

pic from big-fashionista.blogspot.com
So, needless to say I treated myself to that too, and am looking forward to trying it out. I did get it in Superdrug with a student discount as well, which is always a plus. 

And for any of you who read my last blog post about finding something to wear for the concert and couldn't sleep at night because you were worrying so much about whether I'd found something, you can now relax, as I purchased said dress. It wasn't easy though: I called four branches of Next, they all said the dress was out of stock, I was panicking, I decided to pop into one just to see, there were two dresses left, they didn't have my size *NO*, BUT Next sizes come up big so I tried on the smaller one and it fit! HURRAH! So that's all sorted, and now I have no excuse not to focus on my exam revision. Erm, yeah... about that. I had better stop blogging and crack on with French literature. A plus tard...

Anyone doing anything fun or bought anything special for the Jubilee?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig