Monday 27 June 2011

Bridesmaids mini film review: JUST SEE IT!

Today I went to see Bridesmaids. It is simply the best film I have seen in my recent memory. That is not hyperbole, dear readers, I am being genuine. I know that everywhere you look there are rave reviews - from both critics and us normal folk - so I'm not going to tell you what it's about or bang on in detail... you know all that already. But I just want to reiterate that all the hype is justified.

I think the sign of a reeeaaally good film is one that goes down a storm with both critics and the public. Usually, I'm not put off by bad reviews because to be honest, I like films that make me feel good, have fun, and relax. I'm not ashamed of liking your classic cringey, unrealistic, clichéd romcom, despite the fact that critics slate them. Sue me.

Bridesmaids, on the other hand, is just all round super. My friend and I laughed our pants off... along with the rest of the cinema (which was albeit rather empty as it was 10.25am on a Monday - I didn't know that tickets are cheaper before 11am either! A definite student win there). What I especially loved was how the film seemed real (yes, as everyone has said), what with the girls having chipped nail varnish, for example. Oh, and I also loved the puppies in pink berets. Well, who wouldn't?

So go! Just go. Step away from your computer and run to the cinema. Well, actually, maybe check the times on your computer first so you're not waiting for hours for a showing, but then go! And let me know your thoughts too :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig