Thursday 13 January 2011

My NY resolution 2011: daily micro-pleasures so far

A lovely diary from Paperchase - £9.00
As my New Year's Resolution for 2011, instead of aimlessly trying to get healthier/fitter/slimmer like the majority of people, I have purchased a beautiful notebook. Yes, I realise that's not really a resolution. But I have proceeded to fill said notebook with a little micro-pleasure each day. Just the little things that make me smile and make each day a smidgen better, the things we so often forget.

January...
1st - People calling me by a nickname.
2nd - When you've been stuck behind a slow car for ages and then they finally indicate and turn off.
3rd - When you walk into Costa and find there's no queue!
4th - When someone perfectly expresses the exact same thing you're feeling, letting you know you're not the only one who feels that way.
5th - Waking up to the smell of warm, freshly baked bread.
6th - The fact that your parents are always there to pick you up when you fall down.
7th - Listening to Kiwis and Australians talking.
8th - When someone re-tweets you on Twitter.
9th - Ticking something off your 'to-do' list.
10th - The 'ping' of a new email.
11th - Holding a little sleeping baby.
12th - When someone lets you through the doorway first.

And that's where I'm up to! I'm really enjoying doing it... I think it's good to stop and think about the little joys each day,  especially when it seems like your day's been utterly pants.

What are your micro-pleasures?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig