Thursday 23 December 2010

A Rant About The Royal Mail

Pfft. (Pic from royalmail.com)
*Sigh* All I can do is sigh. It would seem my father is not going to be receiving a Christmas present from me on Saturday, as the Royal Mail have failed to deliver it.

I put a lot of thought and time into making him a really cool, personalised skin for his Blackberry using the website wrappz.com (I really suggest checking them out, by the way - you can design your own skins for phones, laptops, iPods and the like - and they're really reasonably priced too! Perfect for presents. Well, it would have been.) But now, ole Daddio is going to be left empty handed. Zilch. Nada for Dada. I was so pleased with myself too! I ordered it exactly two weeks before Christmas, and was told the delivery should take 5-7 working days, so was feeling pretty smug about it. My Dad is one of the hardest people in the world to buy for, I'm not even joking. He doesn't like ANYTHING. This year, I asked him what he wanted, and he replied "I need some new cycling socks." I mean purrlease! I am not going to give my father socks for Christmas, that would just be far too clichĂ©d. (Sorry if I've offended anyone who's given their dad socks... I have to admit I have got socks for my brother. But they're very nice ones!) And so I was super excited when someone told me about wrappz.com, thought I'd found something my Dad would surely love (I added a little personal message and everything!), and was SO looking forward to him opening it on Christmas Day.

Now I have to tell him it hasn't arrived. I mean, sure... he'll still get it (well, I hope he will. If it never comes there is going to be a much more stongly-worded rant coming your way, folks!) but we all know it's not the same as opening a Christmas present on Christmas Day.

So for now, I've sent an angry tweet to the Royal Mail twitter account. They replied asking "Can we help at all?" (And are sending lots of apologetic tweets to many a disgruntled tweeter!) Well yeah!!! You could help by getting me my delivery!

Is anyone else having trouble with Christmas deliveries? It's just such a shame.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig