Thursday 30 December 2010

My New Year's Resolution

I've never done a proper New Year's resolution before, as I've always figured: if there's something I really want to change, I'll do it. Who needs a New Year to decide to do that? I do like the idea of a fresh start though, so completely understand why people want to start something new as another year dawns.

This year, I've decided to keep a kind of mini diary: everyday I'm going to add something to a special notebook - a little something that's made me happy each day, so as not to forget life's little pleasures (as one so often does). I imagine to be noting things like "when the traffic light turns to green just as you approach it", "writing with a new ink pen for the first time" or "the smell when you walk past Subway". I can't deny it... These things give me lots of little joyous moments.

I also might decide to learn to cook one new meal every week, but to be honest I think that's a bit ambitious (and down right unrealistic), so chances are that won't happen. Meh - I'm only human.

So what are your little pleasures? What makes your happy list? I might share some of my best daily notes as I go.

Good luck with your New Year's resolutions, y'all. Anyone have any good ideas?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig