Sunday 5 March 2017

Pancakes and Prosecco (amongst other delicious things) at Bill's

How was Pancake Day for you? I’m pleased to say I had three different pancake sittings: there was the feast I had with my flatmates on Pancake Day Eve (don’t try and tell me it’s not a thing), the ludicrous live broadcast pancake-eating challenge I did for work, and then this sizeable dinner I had on actual Pancake Day evening.

And yes, you’d be correct in thinking I wasn’t exactly hungry given the pancake-eating challenge had been mere hours earlier, but a gal’s gotta eat, right? It’s Pancake Day!

This is not going to be of any use to you now, I'll concede, but Bill's were doing a rather swell pancake and Prosecco deal in the week leading up to the big day. And who can resist the lure of pancakes and Prosecco?

Not this gal.

And thankfully, neither could my willing chums, Anna and Frankie.

I'm not usually one to eat at chain restaurants, especially here in London where we're blessed with so many new, exciting, interesting independent eateries all the time. But I really do like Bill's. I like the interior, I like the menu and I like the whole ethos of the place.
We kicked things off with cocktails - bramble mojito for Frankie, ("enjoyable, fruity and alcoholic, would drink again") ginger smash for Anna ("strong but good - nice goblet") and a classic bellini for yours truly, which is always a winner in my books.
For starters we shared the spiced tortillas and crumbed halloumi sticks.
I've had the halloumi sticks before and they are so so tasty - the salty, soft, chewy cheese, warm, with a crisp coating... Just divine.

We definitely could've done with more than five of them tbh. Next time I'm ordering a portion just for myself.

The tortilla chips were a new one for me but were excellent - unlike Doritos (which are still delicious, for sure), they were homemade and super crisp. Spiced but not spicy (thanks God), we demolished them with the guacamole, tzatziki and red pepper tapenade.

On to the mains (and a bottle of Prosecco)...
I went for the chicken burger with added avocado and cheese, because avocado and cheese duh.
It was super tasty (I recommend adding cheese and avo to stop it being too dry) and I loved the chipotle mayo for my sweet potato fries. The girls thought the fries were a bit soggy, but for my part I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Anna opted for the South Indian fish curry.
She informed me she liked it and appreciated the curry's garnish, but would've preferred it a bit spicier.

Chicken skewers for Frankie...
Served with giant couscous salad and a flatbread, Frankie enjoyed the 'build your own' approach. She did, however, feel that the dish wasn't super flavoursome without the sauce.

Obviously by this point we were perfectly satisfied but it was Pancake Day so we were not done.
Banana split pancakes for Frankie - this was a stack of three pancakes layered up with strawberries, banana and ice cream. Hard to go wrong there really, isn't it?
Lemon cheesecake pancakes for Anna - she loved the lemony filling, but wasn't 100% convinced by the cool creamy centre and the warm pancakes. Horses for courses eh?
And salted caramel pancakes for me. Served with a sprinkling of cinnamon, a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a sprig of mint, mine were undoubtedly the simplest of the three pancake dishes.

So I was super pleased when Frankie offered me her banana (she's not a fan) - I do feel my pancakes could've done with some caramelised nuts or fruits to add a bit more pizzazz, but they were still delicious as they were.

I really enjoyed how despite the fact that the actual pancakes were the same in all three dishes, each was very differently presented.

Needless to say we practically rolled home - happy and flipping full. It had been delightful.

Frankie, Anna and I were guests at Bill's but all opinions are unbiased.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, it looks delicious! Especially all the pancakes - yum!! I've heard a lot of good things about Bills lately so I will have to check it out.
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man I wish I'd known about the pancake and prosecco deal, there's a Bills so close to my house so I don't even know how I missed it. Even worse, I didn't even have pancakes on pancake day (unless you count the savoury ones I had at the Indian that night..). This all looks super yummy and I agree, Bills doesn't feel like a proper chain :) xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua | Life, Travel, Italy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig