Saturday 4 October 2014

The start of final year.


I know what you're probably thinking: "Um, has Rachel fallen off the face of the earth or something? What has happened to the regular blog posts?"

Well I'll tell you what's happened: final year of uni, that's what.


Although I've been back in Bristol for three weeks now (I LOVE BRISTOL!), I've only actually had one week of uni. And by that I mean lectures, seminars, homework, reading, presentation preparation etc.




Yay for Bristol!
My first week back in Bristol was Epigram training week - I'm the online editor this year which I'm loving, but it's also quite the time commitment.

Working the Epigram stand at Freshers' Fair
Second week back was Freshers' Week (including my birthday) so featured all the fun.

And then uni started. And boy, has it started.

Everyone says final year is hard, but I somehow wasn't expecting to feel this overwhelmed with work this quickly.

Degrees ain't walks in the park, ma friends.

Life for the next nine months
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love student life. And when I say student life I don't mean the stereotypical lazy life of a student involving long lie-ins, lounging around watching Jeremy Kyle and drunken nights out; but rather how busy it is, what with societies, sports, meetings and different events every night of the week.

I absolutely LOVE being busy, but this does all mean time-management is quite the challenge.

Macarons definitely help
It's nearly 2am and I'm writing this blog post because I can't sleep. Because I'm stressed. About all the work I have to do and the fact that I haven't managed to blog for ages.

The fact of the matter is that it's proven really hard to find the time. Already.

Obviously my blog is really important to me and I have so much I want to write, but at the end of the day, final year is kinda important. And when I say kinda, I mean seriously.

Party Rings help too. I think I should take fewer pictures of the food I eat while working and do more of the actual work.
I have a LOT of work, and the work is HARD, and it takes a LONG TIME.

But hey, I'm not here to complain. It's good for us to be challenged and worked hard. If a degree was easy, everyone would have one, right?

So I think I've just got to knuckle down as best I can for the next few months, and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to keep blogging as much as I can, promise.

Sorry I can't devote as much time as I used to to Handbags and Cupcakes, but I hope you all carry on reading that which I do post.

Anyway I'd better get to sleep. Or try to, at least. Gotta get up early to crack on with the work!

I'm going to the Cosmo Blog Awards in a few days which I'm beyond excited about, and you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be blogging about that as soon as I can.
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I'm with you there Rachel, final year history is already proving to be nightmareish! Hope it isn't too overwhelming & good luck in the cosmo awards, I'm rooting for you :)
    Emily x
    My GingerBread Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily and good luck with final year to you too! X

      Delete
  2. Final year is already killing me. Dissertation is this big scary constant thought in the back of my mind that I keep pushing away, when really I need to be cracking on with it!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooooooooo! That sounds awful. Good luck! x

      Delete
  3. I'm with both of you, the work is insane and it never ends!! I haven't even had time to read blogs let alone write lately sob sob. Happy birthday by the way! I need to catch up on posts but from the quick browse, looks like you had a looovely time :) right, back to the meta-analysis... xxx
    Lucy @ La Lingua Italy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lucy I totally feel your pain. Hate not being able to keep up with all my fave blogs! Thanks for the birthday wishes and good luck with the meta-analysis! X

      Delete
  4. A lot o my friends have just started final year (yay for placement!), it sounds horrendous. Though I have to say I am really missing studying...

    ninegrandstudent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't Chloe! Enjoy the break, trust me. Have a great year! X

      Delete
  5. Please don't worry about putting out blog posts, I'd rather read a passionate post from chilled Rachel than a rushed post from stressed Rachel.

    PS my first year didn't go too great for me, there were lots of problems, so this year I'm really having to work hard to make it up. Knowing that you blog and get involved with all sorts, all while working for your final year, is really inspiring, so thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LydiaGrace, that's so lovely to hear. Best of luck to you! x

      Delete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like this! I wasn't expecting this much work in just the first week especially after pretty much doing no work on my year abroad! Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we're in the same boat, Sarah! Thanks for commenting and good luck to you too. X

      Delete
  7. I did two stints at uni, and party rings are still a staple in my diet many years after graduating. Claire

    24 Hours From Home - Travel, Adventures and Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig