Sunday 23 September 2012

Behind the scenes at a filming for "The Home of Fabulous Cakes"


Today is my birthday, so I'm going to keep it brief.

As something of an avid baker (I'm sure that's news to you all) I would be highly excited about the  launch of a new baking TV show as it is, so the first episode of ITV1's new ten part series, "The Home Of Fabulous Cakes", airing on my birthday was pretty perfect. However, I am extra excited because said TV show is hosted by none other than my mum's long-time friend, Fiona Cairns. She is as fabulous and lovely as her cakes. And over the past few years, the world has realised.

Not only are Fiona's cakes on sale in Waitrose, Selfridges and Harrods amongst others, but she also made the Royal Wedding cake for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge last year. I know. Pretty awesome. And to think my sister has had a hand-made Fiona Cairns cake for nearly all her 17 birthdays (as she's good friends with Fiona's daughter).


Fiona's recipe books are equally brilliant and offer something different by explaining not only how to bake yummy cakes, but also how to decorate them spectacularly, which I would say is probably what marks Fiona out from the many other cake makers of the world.

Now, with the launch of her won baking TV show, I reckon Fiona may be the future Mary Berry. According to Fiona's website, "From classic cake recipes and easy bakes, to novelty cakes and sophisticated show-stopping masterpieces, The Home of Fabulous Cakes will teach even the least experienced cook the easy techniques and tricks that make cake making and decorating achievable for all." Who's excited? Answer: me.

One of Fiona's incredible celebration wedding cakes
Even more exciting is the fact that I was invited along to some of the filming for the series a few weeks ago. I shan't reveal too much, but I can tell you that you're in for a real treat with this series! Yes, I got to eat cake and be filmed for a TV programme. It was a great day. The location is beautiful, the cakes are beautiful, Fiona looks beautiful and here's hoping that if I'm shown on the programme I don't ruin the pattern. If I get edited out that'll probably be why. Awks.


I'm not sure when I might appear (I should be on two episodes though) so you'll have to keep watching if you want to catch a glimpse of me stuffing my face. I doubt watching the series will be a chore though, as what else are you going to be doing on rainy Sunday afternoons as we descend into winter? Exactly. So, at 3.35pm today, get yourself a cup of tea, sit down, put your feet up, and tune into ITV1. And considering it's my birthday and all, treat yourself to some cake too.

All pics from fionacairns.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig