Wednesday 9 June 2010

The ad that makes me want to sigh, cry, and kinda die inside...

But that's all awfully depressing isn't it?  After those worrying feelings subside, this new H&M ad for their 2010 swimwear collection actually makes me extremely determined to slim down and tone up for Summer!

Contrary to what one may read all to often in the press, I don't think there's anything wrong with oh-so-beautiful models motivating us to take better care of ourselves and focus on our health and fitness.  It seems like as a young person you just can't win!  Either you shouldn't be so preoccupied with slimming and you're on the verge of anorexia (majorly frowned upon), or you're contributing to the growing and pressing current problem that is child obesity (equally frowned upon!)

We all know that the media and fashion houses are often slated for using models that are too skinny, and I think that's right.  When it gets to an extreme, it has to stop before the models themselves are in trurrrble.  However, it may be a little controversial in this day and age, but in my opinion, it's a good thing to show off specific examples of the human race that are on top form and in brilliant shape to motivate and inspire the rest of us inferior lot.

To be honest, it can't be denied that our society is obsessed with appearance... but it's unlikely that that's going to change any time soon, so why not just roll with it?  Over the past couple of months or so I've been working hard at eating healthily and exercising more, because I knew I had a few pounds to lose.  Now... I feel happier, more confident and have more energy, and I have had said H&M ad stuck on my mirror to remind me everyday of why I've been working so hard.  I mean, I'm being realistic here, I know I'm never goin to look like these models (not sure I actually would want to anyway!), but the ad has helped give me a slight kick up the backside, because hey, I'll be hitting the divine Portuguese beaches in a matter of weeks, and it's not a crime to want to look my best now, is it?

Plus, those bikini tops are a mere £3.99Hola!  Hit me up with one o' those little numbers (heck, for that price, why not snatch 'em all up!?)

More details on how I've ever so slightly slimmed to follow... watch this space.

What are your opinions on this ad that has been dominating plenty of fashion mags of late? Let me know :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Handbags and Cupcakes. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig